Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Casey Anthony speaks on how much she loved her slain daughter

Casey Anthony sat down with Larry King replacement Piers Morgan and told Morgan repeatedly that she did not kill her toddler, Caylee, but expressed regrets about how she handled the investigation, including the 31 days of lying to police about her daughter's whereabouts.
When asked about her biggest regret, Anthony responded, "Not being honest. I didn't trust law enforcement because of my relationship with my father, who is ex-law enforcement, and so they didn't trust me."
"I was 22. I was scared and confused with life in general, not having a direction," she said.
J. Cheney Mason, Anthony's attorney, told Morgan that his client didn't trust anyone when he met her. While he admitted the possibility she may be lying about her involvement in her child's death, he said, after over 300 jury trials and decades of life experience, "Anything is possible, but if she is [lying], she's probably the best, because I don't think for a minute she's ever tried to pull the wool over my eyes or anybody's eyes."


Anthony also responded to media and public misconceptions about her following the intense scrutiny of the investigation and trial. "It's horrible. It looks absolutely horrible, and I'm ashamed in many ways of the person that I was," she told Morgan by phone. "Even then, that wasn't who I am."

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know what you think ...!!!